Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Main Event filming location Part 1



By the time The Main Event rolled around I was a die-hard fan. I couldn't wait for this film. After all, it had been 2 years since I had seen her in a new movie (If I could only complain about waiting 2 years between movies now!). And I just knew this movie would be a big hit. How could it not be? It was the reteaming of Barbra and Ryan. It had a great disco hit song that the radio was playing all the time.
I saw the film for the first time at the Brauntex theater in New Braunfels, Texas on opening night, June 22, 1979 with a couple of friends, Philip and Larry. The theater wasn't the greatest but we didn't have to drive all the way into San Antonio. After all, gas was now 75 cents a gallon and rising weekly. Not the greatest theater to see the movie in. Eventually relented and saw it at the much bigger and better theaters in San Antonio. Don't remember how many times I saw it, not as many as A Star is Born. Last time I saw it originally on a big screen was at a drive-in in Bryan, Texas on a double feature with The Way We Were!

No comments:

Post a Comment