Wednesday, October 21, 2009

For Pete's Sake




My first memory of For Pete's Sake was from watching games shows during the day during the summer of 1974. I was always watching way too much television and I loved game shows. It seemed that at the end of the shows, they would give promotion consideration for this and that product and one of the items was for this movie. I don't remember which game show, it may have been more than one. I just remember multiple mentions, enough that I still retain it decades later (the power of advertising!). I remembered her name because I had previously seen The Way We Were at the theater. It was during this time that I became aware (although not necessarily a fan) of this actress.
The above screen shot showing Brooklyn was actually shot on the back lot at Warner Brother's studio. The background buildings still look the same. Granted, they look pretty bare when not dressed up for a shoot. It looks like they've made some modification in the foreground. The angle is a little bit off but the road doesn't quite line up and the sidewalk looks extended. But hey, that's Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment