Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yentl filming locations Part III



Before I located this scene from Yentl, we ate lunch. We asked our waitress, through our interpreter if she knew where this picture from the movie was located. She pointed in one direction and said straight ahead. I knew from studying the film, that this area around Hadass's home would contain a number of shots from the movie.
So after we ate, we headed in the direction the waitress pointed and attempted to head straight. Since the area was mostly narrow streets, I kept my eye out for any wide open spaces with a fountain in the middle. I did locate an open area but with no fountain. We saw a local villager in this area and I asked my interpretor to show her the photo from the movie (top photo above) and asked her if she knew where this is located. The local villager told the interpretor that this is it- we were there! Turns out the fountain (which had been there for over one hundred years) had been removed. There is a plaque on the light blue angular building in the center that talks about it, but it didn't give a reason as to why they removed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment