Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Star is Born - Sun Devil Stadium


No, I did not attend the concert. But I bought this photo (along with some others) from another fan (he did not attend- he could these from someone who did). I had become a Barbra fan shortly before this time. I was aware that she was doing a rock remake of A Star is Born and I would have loved to attended the concert.

However, being 15 years old and living in Texas at the time, there was no way in H*** that my parents would have allowed it. It would have been beyond their comprehension that someone would want to travel across the country to see a concert. Besides, by the time I found out, the concert had already taken place. But don't worry. A few decades later, I would to see her.

You can Barbra walking down the ramp. Jon Peters is one of the people behind her.

The back of the photo scanned above had the following hand-written on the back:

"March 19, 1976
They had just finished filming the big motorcycle crash on the stage.
I was too far away but I was trying out my camera. They walked by me after this picture and I took more."

3 comments:

  1. I was at this concert. I was only 16 years old and me and a bunch of my friends went to it. The tickets were only 3.00
    It is a concert that I will never forget.Peter Frampton,Santana and many others performed there that day

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky. I was way too young and too far away to attend. Of course I didn't even know about it until after the fact. Got any photos you would like to share?
    Hart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there with my ex-wife before we got married. I had just enough money for the 2 tickets, no weed stone sober. We missed the film sequence and the first act but saw all the other performers including Streisand singinging one song, "The Way We Where" which brought my ex to tears. Santana had too much feedback and Frampton was up there forever. But it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete