Saturday, June 6, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to Barbra Memories.

The purpose of this blog is to share my Barbra Streisand collection of memorabilia with fellow Stresiand fans around the world. I will try to focus on stuff that is unique and personal or at least stuff I haven't seen anywhere else.

I have been a fan since January 1976 when I first saw "What's Up, Doc?" on network television. If memory serves me correctly, it was a Friday night on ABC. I don't remember the exact date (one of these days I'll research it). I don't think I had ever laughed so hard at a movie (not counting "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World").

Therefore, I will start rolling out my collection with a photo of a movie marquee showing "What's Up, Doc?" It is from a screening at the Castro theater (San Francisco) from February 2008. (again, I'll research the exact date one of these days). Director Peter Bogdanovich attended and spoke to the audience. Most of what he said is included in the comments on the DVD.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment