Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hello, Dolly! filming locations Part 1

This photo needs a little explanation. I knew from research that this train scene was filmed in Poughkeepsie, New York. When you get off the train you are on a landing to the left side of the tracks and go upstairs and over the tracks. If you try to cross over the tracks to this side, there are signs warning you that this area is off limits. Well I didn't see any harm in wandering over here. But to be safe I waited until the platform was empty of passengers and took my chances. I wasn't going to let some silly sign (and threat of arrest) stop me from my mission. After all, who could argue with the Hello, Dolly! defense. But I'm a professional. Don't try this at home kids.
A few things you may notice. The movie image was really shot behind from where I'm shooting. The concrete footing at the bottom of the column was missing there so I moved up one column to this spot.
The stairs are no longer located in the same location. there. They now switch back at a mid-point landing instead of being one continuous run.
The distance between the column and the wall opening that Barbra walks out of is further apart. It appears that a fake wall was built for the movie.
Finally, it looks like they added another track to the left of the column. 

No comments:

Post a Comment