Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Artists Annual Report 1978



This is another annual report mailed to stockholders of First Artists stock. I posted the 1977 annual report back in December 2009. I got these reports because I actually owned stock in First Artists at that time. I was a minor, but my dad was able to purchase it for me.

Back then when you purchased stock they would send you the actual certificate. I also owned a couple of shares of Disney and their certificate had an image of Mickey Mouse on it. I figured the stock certificate from First Artists would have an image of Barbra on it- it didn't! The stock ended up being pretty much worthless- so I kinda know how Hillary Kramer feels.

Ended up selling the stock in the early '80s. Of course now the annual reports are worth more than the value of the stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment