Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Funny Girl premiere


Here's a shot I found on the internet- the Funny Girl premiere at the Criterion theater in Times Square. I've seen similar photos in black and white, but never in color. I found this shot a few years ago so I don't know who to give credit to (so please excuse me if I'm breaking any laws!). But this photo is worth going to jail for. I seem to remember reading a comment from a reader regarding this photo that the two small Funny Girl logos above the marquee rotated. Can anybody out there who attended the premiere verify this?
I've seems there would be newsreel footage somewhere covering this event- the press was there. But in 1968, you didn't have the national or syndicated entertainment shows you have today, let alone channels devoted to nothing but that. Seems somewhere in the Columbia vaults they would have film archiving this event- it's certainly not on the DVD. Maybe they are saving it for the blu-ray disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment