Monday, January 13, 2014

Barbra's Hello, Dolly! house

This is one of those stories that I can't verify, but I'll share it with you anyway. According to "my source" this is the house that Barbra stayed at when they were filming Hello, Dolly! in Garrison, N.Y.
A few years ago (2002 if my memory serves me well) my friend Robin and I took a trip to Garrison by train to check out the filming location. The train station spot is very small. We decided to walk up the hill and explore the area. Now this was a small town and some lady in a truck stopped to talk to us and we told her the whole story about why we were here. Turns out she lived here during the filming and offered to take us to the next town of Cold Spring.
What the heck, we decided to get in the car with her. During the short drive she talked about the filming and according to her, this is the house Barbra stayed at during the Garrison location shooting. She stopped the car and allowed us to get out and take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment