Saturday, October 10, 2009

Way We Were filming locations - Part 1



I remember the first time I saw The Way We Were. It was in Victoria, Texas with my sister and (now ex-) brother-in-law. I was still a little too young to get emotional at this movie. I remember enjoying it. I remember the theater was crowded and we had to slowly walk down the aisle to exit. I remember my sister was crying (well, had the sniffles) and I asked "Why are you crying?". Like I said, I was too young at the time.
But don't worry. This was a movie kept coming back to the theaters. I remember seeing it in 1977 during a return engagement at the local theater in New Bruanfels, after a successful run of A Star is Born. I cried my eyes out at each screening.
The screen shot is from the end of the movie across from the Plaza Hotel (get those hankies ready). The background buildings haven't changed much since the filming of the movie. But if you look closely, you'll see a new high-rise has popped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment